1. My middle name was David before I changed it to Halcyon.
2. The hair on my arms and underarms differ from left to right. My left side is brown, my right is blonde.
3. I was High School Co-Valedictorian. And Head Powderpuff Cheerleader.
4. I was the “Tom” for CollegeClub.com, the largest college site from 1998-2000. My face was on banners, mugs, and the side of a Truck. I had 4 million “friends” before they ran out of money during the first great bubble burst.
5. I lost my virginity on Prom Night.
6. I was Sonyâ€™s first Ecommerce Webmaster. I managed the mall for the Sony Station around 1995-6 until they took it in-house. I got the gig by being in the right place at the right timeâ€¦and bluffing.
7. I was sued by Fruit of The Loom for a parody I wrote called â€œMeat of The Loom.â€
8. Sam Donaldson said of me on the air, â€œGet a load of that guyâ€¦what an ego!â€
9. I built a webcam community called CitizenX with Dmitry Shapiro (of Veoh.com). It was way ahead of itâ€™s time. Iâ€™m still afraid of startups.
10. Iâ€™ve been to Burning Man 11 consecutive years. And performed 2 weddings there.
11. I hosted the SXSW Web Awards for 3 years.
12. My Senior Honors Thesis in Psych was called â€œJust Say No if You Say So: Paternalism And Substance Attitudes.â€
13. I pierced my left nipple when I was 20 after a life-changing experience on a Turkish mountaintop. I pierced the right nipple 10 years later.
14. I had a tongue ring briefly.
15. I have had dental work only once â€“ I needed a crown after I broke a molar on my tongue ring.
16. I was a contestant on an â€œadultâ€ reality show that shot in Jamaica and was shown on Pay-per-view.
17. I produced (and appeared in) a Charity Porn DVD to raise money for Katrina Relief. Habitat For Humanity refused our money, so we gave it to Burners without Borders.
18. The only bone Iâ€™ve ever broken is my skull (hairline fracture under my eye)
19. After college, I worked for 2 years as a counselor for emotionally disturbed boys aged 8-12 in a live-in facility.
20. I canâ€™t fold clothes. When I worked at Banana Republic one holiday season, even a â€œfolding boardâ€ couldnâ€™t help me. (But I was an awesome Greeter.)
21. I lived in a 23 cam webcam house (Showers, too) with some Burning Man camp mates for 2 years. We tried to live artistic lives loudly and publicly, and invited others to participate via webcam.
22. I cut off my long hair on a daytime TV show with Danny Bonnaduci and Mario Lopez. (for Locks of Love.)
23. MTV blurred my ass during a 30 min doc they made about our Cam House experiments.
24. I have been grabbed by an octopus, bit by an eel, & ridden an elephant.
25. I have no tattoos.
I was tagged my several people on Facebook and had a blast doing this. Buuut, tagging people gives me crazy anxiety. So I’ll just say that I would LOVE to see your list of 25 if you do it. comment here if you do!